17 June 2006

check-in

Saturday 9:00 PST
All I can keep thinking is,"holy shit, what am I doing?" Sitting at the gate, I can't focus long enough to review my city codes. I am hotter than hell in this mock suit and am wearing plain, black flats. Granted they are Stuart Weitzman but still, flats. My three, stuffed to the zipper bags have already been checked. Even if I wanted to run home, I couldn't, they have my stuff and they have my commitment. My dad would also have this annoying saying when I was a kid, and even now if you asked him, "what is the one thing that you can give away and still keep? your word.". I am very somber after my pigs in the blanket with Janene on the East side. The tears were many yesterday as I said the "see-you-laters (not good byes) to those dear friends who support me and make my Portland life something that I love.

10:40 CST

I sit in room 312 with my new roomate, J. My flight into training was long with delays both at the gate and on our approach. I wanted to stay on the plane forever because not only did I get bumped to first class, I wasn't ready to begin the journey. But here I am in a handicap room with a closet and I used that term loosely, that is four foot high and three foot wide. We have three drawers and no shelf space in the bathroom, there are assisting bars in there place. This is my "home" for the next five weeks and I am realizing that this is a test of flexibilty. Tonight I am not so flexible because I am tired and not used to the time change yet.

Oh, this is what is funny, my roomate, totally kick in the ass. We are going to find some trouble, which is not what I am here for but I enjoy hanging out with her. She is an enesthesitian (yes I realize I am not a good speller) and brought her wazing stuff with her. Wonder what I will have her wax on me? We will see how good she is at the eyebrows before we give her a shot at the ol' bikini.

No comments: