11 August 2008

toto (george), i don't think we are on the upper east side anymore

I seem to pick the hottest days on record to do my moving but this time I spent the best $170 ever by hiring movers. The day prior I was blessed with getting a personal drop so I could spend the whole day packing and cleaning. The movers came at the bright early time of 0800 and I greeted them with donuts and water. Within 45 minutes they had my life loaded and I hopped in the truck with them and their absolutely looney boss. We drove to my new home in Brooklyn. Even though I had been here once to check the place out and knew that I would be "down grading" from the UES, it was still funny to see how much different my neighborhoods were. No Starbucks in sight, it was throw back to ol' Kearny but luckily within five minutes of the city, the city is within viewing of the rooftop.
I unpacked a bunch of stuff and then went home to finish cleaning up and get the rest of my stuff which snowballed into five damn bags plus George. I called a car because I couldn't begin to tell a cab where the hell I moved to and I didn't want any fuss about the other passenger. So we drove in style to the new neighborhood, leaving the strollers, nannies, and jews behind. I now live in raw Brooklyn with two French guy roommates and three other cats.
Should have some good stories coming up....

No comments: