24 August 2008

my week...

So I have been working my tail end off lately even with the dog walking taking the month off as any good New York does. I have picking up shift with the waitress/hostess gig. On Sunday after surviving the day but in much need of a hug, I worked 1700 til 0100 at the new store and then met the roomie for after work drink and to split a cab home.
Monday I did nothing all day and met up with Chris for dinner. We went to an excellent tapas place and then I introduced him to Laurant. And there was a moment as he poured me another glass of Sangria that I thought, “I could defiantly do this for a while”. We even got into a heated discussion about the politics of cultures agreeing to disagree.
Tuesday I was back at my favorite store on the Westside playing the part of hostess. Getting off at 2300, changing and then hiting a friends birthday party at Mansion. I was showing a new flight attendant friend the in’s and outs of nightlife in the city as she just had moved. After hanging at Mansion for a bit, we headed over to Marquee and then Bungalow 8 finishing, of course, at my favorite Cafeteria.
Five hours of sleep was rewarded with pressed coffee and conversation with Laurant the next morning. I dinked around the house and spent some q.t. with Jorge who is still adjusting but getting better with her three roommates. Finally I drug myself up and back into the city. Since I never spent any real amount of time on the Westside, the plethora of trains is a bit of a mystery but according to hopstop.com I was to take the j to the f transfer at 14th to the 1 and walk a couple of blocks. Simple enough if I was paying attention at 14th and had more patience at 66th I finally got into work and ordered up a burger to curb the hangover I knew would be arriving soon. We spent the first hour of my hostess then waitress shift trying new shots. I swapped shirts and shoes and then hit the floor to wait. We had a good amount of people and I didn’t feel as overwhelmed this time. I sat a couple of guys out of my section just so I didn’t get too swamped and then ended up staying forever. Since they were a table I passed by a bunch I stopped and bantered a bit every once and a while.
I had no tables so I went back to talk to these guys and one of them asked me what I would give him if he could guess my last name. Not wanting to explain to my manager that I had to comp a drink because I lost a bet. So I told him that I would give him a kiss. He took the offer which must have surprised him and then said it. I looked down to see if I was wearing a nametag. And then I really looked at him and with wide eyed surprise figured out who his was. The guys Yoder and I were hanging out with on St Patty’s Day! I immediately blurted out, wow you fell off the face of the earth. We texted for about a month and never seemed to meet up. So with advice from Craytie and a bruised ego, I stopped trying. He thought the same about me. So some quick apologizes proceeded catching up.
Friday I headed out to LHR after meeting the lady I met on the flight home from NRT (Bali) in SoHo for lunch. I worked the first class galley on the 777 for the first time and rocked the hell out of it! My aisle girls are absolute idiots but that’s ok because it just makes me look better! Headed home tomorrow and then picked up the closing waitress shift at the Westside. Currently dancing around my hotel room to the new Rihanna, great song!

No comments: