16 August 2008

the ride

The 15th of this month held the answer to whether or not I would have a job still, whether or not I could walk away from this crazy world of going, gong, going but wait, there is a weather delay or we are totally full, or aren't you too new to know what you are doing?
Added to all of this day to day bullshit that people don't consider when you are "glamorously" walking through the airport in uniform with luggage, is when you are stuck working with a person you don't like. I was assigned this trip and immediately cringed when I saw the ISM. I hadn't worked with her before but I knew that she was friends with the ex. I went to work with that on my mind and who do you think got on the bus at Port Authority? I can't begin to tell you how uncomfortable it made me. The trip was fine and I kept to myself most the time intentional dodging the personal questions expect to relay that I am fantastically happy now. She will her "power" to tell me how unprofessional I was to be playing cards with some of my passengers. I intern told the customers the message and they wrote in three letters of compliments. And to top off the trip she along with the ex were on the bus home gossiping away. It was sure a trip I would like to forget and hope doesn't occur for quite some time if ever.


It occurred to me while walking around Edinburgh, a city transformed by annual festivals, that this ride I am currently on is not over, nor is it stopping to let me off. Like it or not.

No comments: