11 August 2008

sending out an s.o.s.

I land from my long ass trip with the slow crew of the year and do the exact opposite to get into the city. The guys I met on St Patty's Day while waiting for Yoder have come into town and invited me to a tv taping. I changed in the back of a cab, dropped my luggage off at their hotel, and hopped another cab up to Harlem. I arrived at the Apollo just in time to meet the guys and walk in before the door shut. None of us really knew what was going on but sitting twenty feet from the stage, we learned this was tv taping for a new show on Sundance. Elvis Costello is interviewing musicians while adding in his music and stories. Mind you I knew who he was and I knew his songs but I never linked them prior. We were instructed to clap on clue although the performances required no fakeness what so ever. So the band....THE POLICE in their very last appearance of television together. First interview was Andy then Stewart, and then Sting, and then all together. After the amazing, intimate conversations, with a few versus of chorus between Elvis and Sting their bands got together and started jamming.
Definitely one of those, Holy Shit moments in life.

No comments: