16 February 2008

pooches, pooches, pooches all around

I took over the biz for four days and I am still exhausted on day five. Mind you I was also entertaining Janene, who was not helpful in the walking just the getting me drunk at night.
My girl could not have picked a better week to go old of town as it snowed Tuesday, flooded Wednesday, and finally became a healthy temp on Friday.
Some pooches wanted nothing do with the rain, other didn't mind so I had to clean them up before returning them, others I just sat at their house and played with. Friday, the sun was out and I walked 12 dogs, mind you the max we do is 3. From 1000 to 1800 I only sat down for 15 minutes for a slice and 30 minutes for a beer and to write my report. I have torn my mud-covered jeans, have a blister on my toe, and my body feels like I am turn 60 next week. Was it all worth it? Hell yes!
On the flip side, I got tons of exercise, socialized with the dogs, received unconditional love, and had six different, four legged Valentines, and made some good money. I am also officially a dog walker now because I have my own business cards and notepad. That's right, moving up in NYC!
Spent today doing nothing so far and enjoying the serenity of my "new home". Off again tomorrow to the friendly skies!

1 comment:

nene said...

yeah...didn't represent on the dog walking front! i do have blood blisters the size of quarters on the bottom of my feet, and bruises up and down my arms from "The Night O' The Black Boots"!!