25 February 2008

ewr-arn-kul-dps

I have finally made it to Bali. My holiday this year was choosen because of how far away it was and how expensive it would be to get here without my flight benefits. I have a romantic idea of how it would be here, sun, sand, surf, peace and tranquility...well, it hasn't been what I thought thus far.

Being air crew has it's advantages in more ways than one. Here is my favorite after cutting through security, I get taken special care of. I introduced myself to the persur on the flight and found myself in a row of five seats with a bottle of champange. Their service was impeccable to begin with and then with VIP service...I was lovin' life! The message was passed on the next crew as they changed in ARN and I received the same hospitality. I will tell you, it makes all the difference in the world on a 25 hour journey to have rest, real rest.
I arrived around 1300 local time and was so grateful to have Turiya meet me at the airport. By the last leg of the journey, I was spent. We made our way to the hotel chatting a bit and planning our week. After a quick shower, it was beer and pool time. The weather here is perfect, around 85 and humid. We took a walk about the city and it seems like any other beach town with pushy marketers. I was a bit cranky as the jetlag set in and opted to go to bed early. I obligied Turiya's plees to have one beer, which turned into five before heading to bed. The sun awoke me and I walked around the city once more, this time peacefully as no one was up from all the partying the night prior. I am currently looking for a surf lesson and a massage before I figure out how to make it to Ubud to find the peace I had in mind as well as my medicine man.
I am sure this holiday will turn around, but currently I feel like I could have done this in Mexico versus a world a way.

No comments: