06 February 2008

in charge

I was sitting airport alert last night, when a guy came up asking the crowd if any one had international managing experience and would like to go to Oslo. I raised my hand and told him I would be happy to bullshit it. Sold! Off to a small room to complete the necessary paperwork for the flight and then onto the gate. It was a forty-eight hour layover and the excitement to go somewhere new overshadowed my fear of being in charge. The crew was great and we were almost complete with boarding when the original purser came aboard and told me to get off the plane and go back to the crew room. Piss on him! I sat and watched the Democratic debate instead of planning my sledding trip with the crew.
With the want to be home for the Super Bowl, I called and volunteered to be a purser today. The request was granted on the 777 to LGW. I was throw in the deep in and managed to bull shit my way through the whole flight I even had to argue with a passenger about how is new wife couldn’t just happen to sit with him in first class. I wanted to ask him if he loved her so damn much, then why didn’t he buy her a first class ticket? He snuck her up anyway and I had to go and kick her out. I don’t think that man knew whom he was messing with.
I am now sitting in my nice room waiting for the weariness of the pass week to hit me and force me to lay my head down but I am not tired. Well, my mind is at least wide-awake. Even though the sun is out in jolly ol’ England, I have no plans to leave the hotel/airport as I brought plenty of reading material and I am going to be a complete nerd and write out my announcements for tomorrow’s flight.

No comments: