10 December 2006

sunshine

I can see why all the old people flock to the state of Arizona for the winter, it is beautiful here. I am speaking about the tempature not the clouds of dust due to the lack of grass. I truly believe that you can go through winter blahs as my attitude has lightened since I have been here. I started my morning with a nice run on the treadmill and then a breakfast of instant oatmeal in the hotel coffee mug near the sink. Feeling energized I walked the two miles to the Scottsdale Fashion Square (ooh-la-la). I wandered around trying to find presents for the roommates without much luck mostly due to my lack of having a fortune to spend. It was great people watching over my shrimp tempura roll as the plastic wives walked around the mall and the boyfriends with lists and bags from Tiffany, Coach, and Burberry walked around the mall dumbfounded at the amount of money they had been suckered into spending. I did get quite a few comments on my "I love Ducks football" tee as I was clearly in Pac 10 territory. The funniest comment came from a gentleman in the lobby of my hotel as he used my shirt to engage me in conversation and ultimately asking me out. He does live in NY and is the president of some recruitment firm according to his business card. So I guess the sunshine is a great up lifter of the mood, that and some cheap flattery!!

No comments: