08 December 2006

east side/ west side

A fabulous way to start off my fourth day in a row off work, with a homemade chocalate chip cookie and of course all the thoughts running through my head.

Our girls evening out ended up being only three of us since M proclaimed that she didn't have enough money. I don't think that was the really reason for her absence but who knows. So C, B, and I got all dressed up in excitement for the city. We had decided to drive so we left an hour and half prior to our reservations at the exclusive Tao'. Two hours later through the Lincoln Tunnel and the chaos that makes up traffic in Mahattan we parked and ran to the restaurant. Our table had been given away so we decided to stay for one drink to make a game plan and see if we could spot some celebs. C make friends with the bartender so we able to grab a table and eat in the lounge. The table we grabbed came with two other guys on the opposite couch. We made nice chit chat with them as we nibbled on great sushi. And then our less out going roommate switched personalities and began to be a grouch. She said that she felt stupid all dressed up and she was out of her element. My response was that I just entered mine, so deal. We ordered some more small plates and had some of the best sushi I have ever had along with wine and a lot of silliness. The nice gentleman invited us out and gave us tips on clubs should we want to go, took care of our tab, and the exited nicely. Of course I came away with his card and an invite to his penthouse warming this evening....yes I am debating going. We decided to stick to the plan of a short evening even though C and I could have stayed out all night, and went next door to the Four Seasons for dessert. (The Four Seasons that Big always stays). We met some other gentleman that invited us to sit at their table with them and then bought us dessert and Spanish coffees. The evening was great success and there was much tension in the car as we drove back home, I drove down 5th for B as she wanted to see the tree, it put her in a little better spirits.

A mobile was left at the restaurant and since I had plans to go into the city anyway, it became my mission to rescue the phone. I got off the Path at 34th to be welcomed into Herald's Square and Macys. I started walking because it was a beautiful day and made it up to E 58th in twenty short minutes. I choose to walk up Madison Ave as that is where all the good shops are. I made a pit shop for a hot dog next to Bear Sterns just in case my investment banker husband was needing a hot dog at that exact second in life too. No luck, still single. I made my way to the restaurant and then grabbed a cab to my next agenda. I soaked in the drive as this may be my new neighborhood. I pulled up on Edgar Allan Poe Blvd and rang the buzzer. My new friend came running downstairs and let me in the double doors. His place was so cute as it was about 300 square feet if that. We sat and talked for a while about the neighborhood and other places in the city. I layed it on the table about my indecisiveness and that I didn't want to make a decision right now. He is a nice guy, lonely, but nice and talks a lot most of the time outloud thinking. We drank our water and then made our way back over to the East side for some Bikram yoga. This is a first time for me with the heat and it was awesome. I fell right back into the swing of yoga and loved every drop of sweat that hit the mat. Staring at myself in the mirror for 90 minutes did not make me happy as I remembered the toned body I once had and now desperately longed for. We went back and talked some more over wine and it hit me that I was not ready for this move and I just wanted to house sit next month as he went on vacation. I kept this to myself as he asked my option on a new chair for his place, I actually sat in this one before giving my thoughts on it. We continued to check out the nieighborhood with drinks at a local bar and then dinner at Chinesse restaurant. A visit to his friend on Columbus to see what a $1500/month room looks like and then I returned home to Jersey.

I could see myself living in the city but it would be hard to get to work and forsee myself partying all night but it is a once in a lifetime chance that I honestly say, I still don't know after all that research.

1 comment:

Tiger said...

If you are enjoying Bikram again, you may find the following resource useful: http://www.bikramfinder.com/find_studio
- it's local studio locations & reviews - would appreciate your comments