20 December 2006

new stamp

The Chrystler Building was so close it seemed as though I could reach out my hand and touch it. The three-sixty of the roof continued to bask in the shadow of of impressiveness. The Trump Tower, the Hudson River. The penthouse of the CEO I had met a few weeks ago was very nice. Janene and I paid it and him a visit during our day in the city. We searched Canal Street for the perfect bags even if it meant getting into a van with an Asian woman or following on up three flights of stairs to ajoining rooms filled with purses and a guy in the corner sewing on the designer labels. Our journey continued to the West Village which left a permanent mark with Janene in the form of a tattoo. After the ink came the tour of the penthouse, followed by a slight tour of the city in the back of a Suburban, and then on to dinner at Asia de Cuba. It was a very nice restaurant and we enjoyed the courses with newly made friends. The evening was cut short (ie at 0100) because I had to work the next day. We took the notorious Path station and found ourselves in the middle of a freak show. A guy from Poland offered us one of his dates that he purchased at a 99 cent store and showed us his beautiful gift bag he purchased for a dollar while his friend who was in desperate need of chapstick talked to us about something or another. All of a sudden this black girl jumps up and starts spraying mace yelling that we called her names, we weren't even talking to her. After the thiry minute wait for the train, the police came got her and we made our way home.


I have just arrived home from a long trip, four days felt like an eternity. Here it was...EWR-RSW-layover-RSW-EWR-BOS-EWR-RDU (16 hour day)-layover-RDU-IAH-TPA-layover-TPA-EWR-BDA-home (12 hour day). I am so exhausted but need to stay awake to see where I have to go tomorrow. I have had ten days off this month so far but have to pay my dues with only 2 days off the rest of the month. I am glad to have gone to new places and it was a relief to get the roommates Christmas shopping done in Tampa, and today was pretty neat as well. We flew into Bermuda, yes we dared to enter the triangle, and was able to run off the plane, take photos, go to duty free then customs, get a stamp in my passport, and then hop back on the plane to fly home.

No comments: