24 December 2006

movie for one

How did I spend my first Christmas Eve away from home? I arrived in from my charter flight around 0200, slept until awakened with an offer to go to the Giants game which I had to decline because I was on call. I sat around the apartment all day long waiting, knowing that they were going to call me. I watched movies I had seen many times on TV, ate a Lean Cusine, and then finally had enough of waiting around and decided to go to a movie. I pick a romantic comedy and sat very aware of my singleness amongst the couples. I return to an empty house, something I usually enjoy, but not tonight, to find out that I have a 0545 check in for a West Palm turn. Clearly I did not get what I asked for, for Christmas. I was in such a mind set to be away and didn't expect to be here.

No comments: