30 December 2006

december days

The scheduling gods are still upset with my previous request for an international flight. My sixth, yes count them sixth turn of the past eight days with one day off. The turn to FLL was alive with crazies, one with a peanut allergy, people who hated their seats, people who wanted us to serve dinner at nine o'clock at night, angry New Yorkers. Thankfully the flight back was nicer and I soon forgot how aweful my job can be. Today...today ranked in my top three worst flights. Excitement was my inital reacation when seeing my new destiny for the day, Belize, only to have it deflate when I saw it was a turn. A twelve hour day with nine and half of which was spent in the air. The first part of my day was good, good crew, good crowd, not a lot of carry ons. We hopped off the plane and hit the duty free for some good deals on liquor. They came on the plane in full force from the front and back doors, bringing their anger, trashiness, and bratty children. Four and half hours of glaring, non mannered, assholes and I was done. I come home to be greeting with the message of yet another turn tomorrow, this time to absolute, favorite place, Orlando. Can taste the senisism?

~~~~~~~~~~

I have done it, the thought that every woman has at one point in time in their lives; what would be like to be with a rich man who would do anything in the world for me? A man who has a penthouse in the city, a driver, a sucessful business, a guy who drops everything when I wanted to go the theatre and walked the streets of the theatre district looking for box seats, a man that takes me to exclusive lounges, cigar clubs, and night clubs, then gets me a town car all the way back home. Yes, this is what I found. But is there the butterflies, the za-za-zu that I long for? Not at all!! Don't get me wrong, he is absolute wonderful guy, generous heart, successful but not, well just not. The play however was fantastic!! My second Broadway show and I was sitting thirty feet away from Nathan Lane in his new play, Butley. He is an amazing actor and it was exciting to be that close to him. I need to go to more shows!

~~~~~~~~

Manhattan two days in a row. The roommates where nice enough to deliver the grease to my bed. I knew that I needed to get up and get ready as our tour was awaiting our arrival. It took a few tries until I made it into the shower, the final attempt was made on my hands and knees; too many cosmos the night before. A shower and my new pink dress was my motivation of pulling it together for the day and looking fabulous, very Carrie-like. We awaited the bus in front of the Plaza and toured around NYC for three and half hours, stopping at the Pleasure Chest (the place of the rabbit purchase), Carrie's stoop, and finally O'Neills (Scout) for a cosmo. We passed by three restaurants that appeared on the show that I had actually been too, Sushi Sambi "dirty martini, dirty bastard", Tao (with the jazz player), and Asia de Cuba (compliments from the Russian). Many more to experience though. Our group was not that enthusiastic but C and I sure had a great time and knew almost all the trivia asked. Dinner, all dressed up was in SoHo at Boom. The food and company was fantastic and greatfully I was in bed by midnight.

~~~~

Tomorrow is the last day of the year. I am supposed to return from my trip by 2130 and I am NOT going to hang out at the house. I am going to get a midnight kiss...somehow...I am still working on the game plan.

No comments: