01 November 2006

wonder woman

My most feared plane, it had confused me in training with its exits and number of life rafts, and here I am the lead on this enormous plane the 767-200. I dead headed down to IAH and then worked the flight home. Let me tell you, I was running around little a chicken with its head cut off. I finally started delegating things that were beyond me such as the video system, getting people’s coats, greeting passengers, etc. Once the flight was underway, I worked first class aisle right side and only had twelve customers to take care of. The flight went by very slow but in a good way so I had tome to eat the shrimp kung-pow, chocolate cake, and espresso. It you have a chance to flight business first on a 767, I highly recommend it.


I walked the streets of Manhattan as Wonder Woman. We arose from the Path station into a mass of people mostly dressed in costume. A huge parade filled Sixth Avenue and the people watching was so great. A church with the moon and clouds surrounding was the perfect background to night. We started off at a random bar with a drink and then moved deeper into the village. Bar after bar welcomed us as we found our way to Little Italy to meet up with my friend, Michele who is always finding good bars. I wanted to hang out in soho but instead was taken to the meatpacking district by friends of C. We ended up at a club, APT. It was an underground club with all sorts of characters. I would have loved it if I was in the mindset for it but I wanted to dance with straight boys and maybe do some kissing. No luck at that bar, the men looked better than us girls. And we looked good!! I did meet a guy on the street who I am still talking to and hoping to meet up with on Friday before he heads back to LA.

Today was given to a bacon cheese burger, a nap, chicken parm sandwich, and a movie. Thank goodness for the lazy schedule of a flight attendant.

No comments: