29 November 2006

bill

I don't know if I necessarily believe in ghosts but the hotel room I now sit in is said to be haunted. We arrived in a little town of Bedford, New Hampshire for a nice long layover. We were delayed in our arrival and I went straight to bed. The thoughts of Ashley's words filled my mind as I remembered every scary movie I had ever seen. I was awaken by a loud noise overhead, the ironic thing is that I am on the top floor. I am sure that I freaked myself out but I still have one more night ahead of me.
This being my second week in a row to visit the New England area, I find it quite charming to be able to visit. I am disappointed to have missed the fall foliage but will take the crisp, clean air over Jersey any old day. I started my day getting up at 11:00 mostly due in part to the Vegas-like curtains and my tireness from my 0200 phone call from 19C. I hit the gym and it felt good to get in a work out. I came back to the room and got ready for a day of exploring. I walked next door to the "mall" and went into Bob's Store expecting to grab a water and some lunch. No luck, it was a clothing chain. I finally found a same pizza joint and ate a grilled panini as I watched locals come in and out. I checked out Marshall's and found a long, white dress shirt perfect for my new skinny jeans. While approaching the register, a guy in army fatigues made a comment about Oregon, referencing my bright yellow jacket. He told me that his best friend lives in Klamath Falls. The conversation continued through check out and concluded in the parking lot. As I walked to the hotel, I heard a diesel truck behind me and it was Bill wondering if I wanted to grab lunch. I told him that I already ate but would hang out with him. He came around and opened the door to begin my tour of the area. We talked very freely because there was no attraction upon my part but I did feel very safe with him. We stopped by Dunkin Donuts for coffee because he couldn't remember where the only Starbucks was. He drove by the diner which Adam Sandler frequents when he returns to his hometown of Manchester. After a couple of hours of sightseeing he dropped me off at the hotel. I concluded my stay with calm chowder with the crew and a movie, the one with Will Farrell and the voice...very odd movie. Back to base tomorrow and then a Chicago turn. The pilots are already predicting long delays due to the weather. We shall see.

No comments: