22 November 2006

woo-eeee!

"woo-eeee!" the phrase used by the semi-professional hockey players we met last night at the pub.

I sit now at a gorgeous dinner alone by choice in PVD. The birth state of my mom and the host to a 32 hour layover. We arrived last night after a long day with a turn to MSY. I haven't flown in so long that was a little out of the flow of things. Luckily I was assigned this trip with a classmate of mine who restored my faith. We arrived in downtown Providence and I asked the front desk upon check in about the lounge and for a quick summary of the men here. She directed me (and my tag-a-long) to an Irish Pub near by. We showed up to a great atmosphere and orderded a Guiness. We shot darts for a while with Johnny and listened to his NE accent, it was more Boston than NY. The is guy came up to our booth and started small chat, I had noticed him looking at us a couple of time previous. After a round, I invited him and his friend to join us. We laughed and hung out until 0300 and I did a little making out (shocking) but I did manage to get his autograph in case he becomes the next Great One. He told me he would call today and take me to dinner. He did call at 1700 but after a day of pms and bad customer service at a nearby mall, I was in the middle of a nap and decided a nice dinner sans compainship was in oreder,. I sit her alone with a champange cocktail, wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon bits, awaiting a fliet and a glass of wine. The couple behind me is causing an internal debate of whether she is a gold-digger on a first date or a call girl,. They definatly don't go together! A little kissin', dinner, and a theater...what more could I ask for from a layover?!

No comments: