03 June 2009

shoe box

I am putting shoe boxes away and looking at all the stuff in my old closet that needs to be organized. I am wondering why I have so much shit. Where did this all come from? What I don't get is why it was so important to me in the past. I am looking in shoe boxes and seeing shoes I forgot I owned. I run my hands over coats and dresses wondering what prompted me to purchase them in the first place. I love fashion, I loved it more here than I do in New York. I have survived for three years without this stuff. Why do I need shoes in every color? I thought I had a lot of stuff in NY to bring back here but staring at the clothing store I have in front of me, my life is mininualistic in NY. I just proved I can survive 10 days with the contents of one small back pack.
It seems odd to me that this is what once defined me. And it saddens me that if this is all I am going to be when I return to Portland, then I don't want it.

1 comment:

The Neyens Family said...

You could donate it all to your friend Lianna!!!