27 June 2009

all for hairless toes

I am glad Carol is here to witness the predicaments I get myself into as well as to bandage me up afterwards.
The hair on my toes was brought to my attention by Janene one summer afternoon while in flip flops. I just shrugged it off any figured everyone had it, so who gives a shit. I am lucky enough not to be one of those really hairy chicks, I have light blond hair everywhere but my head and...well back to the story.
I felt them rustling in the wind in Hawaii and then again in Panama. It is a weird feeling to feel the hairs on your toes moving in the wind. I didn't like it one bit. So when i got home I got out the veet. Problems solved for a month or so and then there were those bastards again and know they have gotten darker. I marched down to the Rite Aid below my building and picked up some wax. Should be easy enough as I have waxed my eye brows in the past and those of my then boyfriend. I saw Hilary waxing with ease as well so off I went. Much more effective and a lot less smellier than the veet. I choose to conquer this feat once more since summer is now here and since Carol is visiting, I thought it a great idea that she could pull the wax off as she would have a better angle on the subject.
I bounced into the darken kitchen and placed the jar in the microwave for the appropriate amount of time. I wanted to heat it quickly and return to my room as I was sure if idiot was home or not. I tore off a piece of paper towel and went to grab the wax by the edges. Well it shifted and poured onto my hands, the cutting board, counter and then gathered on the floor. I immediately began cursing silently and jumping up and down holding my fingers which are not only burned but also covered in wax that is cooling very fast. I ran my hands under cold water and then grabbed an ice cube. I tried it first on the mess than now lay before me in its entirety since I have thus switched on the light. I realize I am going to need help. I walk the five feet to my room and ask Carol if she can come and help me. She begins telling me a story about hot gluing her fingers together. And then moves onto another story. I interrupted and asked if she could continue with the story while she helped me with the mess. I have three fingers out at this point. We grab more ice and tons of paper towels. I open the drawer and grab the cheese cutter. We do stop and apply wax to my toes since it has cooled down and we still have an object to achieve. Carol takes over as I am surrendered helpless by the throbbing of my hands. "Please don't let Jase be home, please don't let Jase be home." After the mess is cleaned up and the cutting board is flipped over, she removes the wax. And then walks me in to apply snoopy band aids to the fingers who took the fall for the hairless toes.

No comments: