10 December 2008

envy

So Rob is here...you know Rob, I could write a whole blog just devoted to him. He is inspiration to be a better conversationalist, a better writer, to view to world through knowledgeable eyes and then challenge what you find. Rob...fabulous, we can sit together in silence for an hour and then have an intellectual conversation over a couple of beers, Rob.

Well he is sitting next to me right now and is replacing my need for my therapist this week. He is my Mary for the moment. I can talk to him about anything and nothing at the same time. He is a piece of home and past and undoubtedly a piece of my future.

He is embarking on a journey around the world for a year and was going to begin in NY and then off somewhere with me before ideas and plans changed. He is now back to LA soon but not before I get to use him for comfort and a cure to my homesickness this time of year. He is then off to Australia and has no idea what lies in front of him after. I express my admiration of his journey and willingness to see where life will take him. He reminds me that I was a form of inspiration.

What? I ask. How am I an inspiration?

I am so jealous of his journey of him getting to see the world.

And then I am reminded by both him and myself, I am an inspiration and I am the lucky one who is living a dream of seeing the world. Yes I am in more of controlled environment but what the hell do I have to be jealous about?

No comments: