20 June 2008

time is running out

I am sad today because it feels like a deadline is looming over me. I am embracing this summer as if my current life will end when the leaves change and begin to fall. The news about work is getting worse and the chance to keep seeing the world grows shorter with each passing day. I have been extremely disappointed not to be as busy as I thought I should be this month. I am also disappointed that there are amazing trips in open time and I don't get to go because I picked up LGW just to work and now there are dream places that someone else gets to experience. I was able to change my trip to Manchester but it is definitely not Madrid or Berlin or Geneva. Time is running out and luck doesn't seem to be in my corner with work right now. It is sad to think of my comfortable, fantastic life changing without my say or knowledge of what the next season will bring to me.
This I do know for sure, I am moving to a less expensive place out in Brooklyn, formally know as BK for further blogging purposes. I am excited to move to another borough and see what else NY has to offer. Change in any form is always a hesitation for me even though good things usually do eventually happen.
My friend Jim has been in town and takes me to do NY stuff with him because he likes the company. I like that he realizes I am broke and drags me out of the house anyway. We went to Curtains on Wednesday and then out for cheesecake. The show was amazing!! Yesterday with my day off, I embraced the sunshine and headed out to Yankee Stadium. I had to scalp a ticket but ended up sitting with some guys who bought my beers and kept me entertained. I was even offered tickets to the All-Star game. Yes, I got his number just in case! : ) An afternoon nap followed my afternoon ballpark buzz and then we headed off to a comedy show in the village. Good stuff! I enjoy hanging out with Jim because he calls me out on all my bullshit neuroses and asks me the tough questions. We have figured out that I smitten with a boy who lives way too far away. But isn't that me? Wanting what I can't have easily?

No comments: