13 June 2008

tribute

I am tired but yet I lay in bed wide-awake wondering what is not taken care of in my thoughts. Then it hits me...the calendar has changed its day to the 13th. I cheered on the Celtics win this evening in his honor. I recommended a friend stop by the war memorial which stands proudly with his name engraved. I thought about it earlier today but tonight it becomes over powering.

To the man who taught me the love of sports,
To the man who taught me to be tough and get through things.
To the man who taught me to conserve energy,
To the man who taught how to change the oil, a flat tire, and to care for my car
To the man who taught me the value of a hard days work,
To the man who taught me to suck it up,
To the man who taught me the value of my word,
To the man who taught me how to live from the earth,
To the man who watch every World Series with me as a kid,
To the man who taught me the perfect hook shot like Larry Bird,
To the man who played house and restaurant with me because I was an only child,
To the man who ate my grilled cheese over and over again,
To the man who took me fishing,
To the man who taught me how to play black jack well,
To the man who will always be strong in my eyes even though the last years took his physical strength away,
To the man who tough exterior faded away and who could finally tell us he loved us.
To my father and my friend, you are dearly missed.
In memory of Ray 15.Feb.26~13.Jun.07

1 comment:

nene said...

Nicely put, my friend! xoxo