14 June 2008

ny has beaches?

With a weekend off to myself, I had many options, I thought about visiting a friend, or going to the beach. But the one thing I so want to do is enjoy Sunday brunch. So that is exactly what I plan to do tomorrow. Today however was spent in bed and then leisurely getting coffee an my dry cleaning. Finally I got a wild hair, packed a beach bag, and headed for Brighton Beach. About an hour away on the subway, who knew that there was a beach? Tons of people were out as it was a hot, humid day. I walked up and down the ocean just taking in the scene before heading up to the boardwalk. I had to go pee and with no Starbucks or an other 20th century place in sight, I finally ducked into a Jewish restaurant and ordered up some knish so I could use the potty. This town I was in was a mix of Russians and Jews, it was very odd to see them living in harmony and to feel like I was walking the streets of 1970.
I made it back to the island of Manhattan and to my apartment just in time as the humidity broke into rain, Right now I am sitting in my place with all the lights off to watch the lighting striking my street, listening to the earth shattering thunder, and watching the heavens dump onto the ground. I have nothing but admiration for Mother Nature and all of her force and glory.

No comments: