20 May 2008

life

As I approach my last day of dog walking and running the company, I am relieved to be just a flight attendant for the next six days but also sad that I only have one thing going on. I enjoy being super busy and even though my laundry hasn't been done in two weeks and I have three pairs of tennis shoes on the floor, going and going suites me. I purposely let go of plans this evening so I could clean my house and gain a bit of sanity back before the long weekend.

Last weekend was spent in Manchester with my good friend, Nate and a pretty good crew sans the pilot who needed to take a class in political correctness. I returned to meet with my dog colleagues and then was invited to the Subway Series. The exhaustion went away with the invite and our seats behind home plate were fantastic, if we would have won the game, it would have been even better! Monday was another full day of pooches followed by the Broadway show Altar Boyz, which was silly but the cast was wonderful.

Today the rain continued to pour more and more each hour. I was soaked on the train ride home reeking of dog smell and the pee from the one dog which I had to carry all the way to the park. I am sure the unlucky people who choose to sit with me where not happy. I myself was pretty miserable until I made it to the shower. My clothes are still drying.
It is a few pooches before I hand back the keys to Beth and make my way to Glasgow tomorrow. A nice hotel, one of my favorite positions, and an early return come Friday because tomorrow....yes tomorrow, ladies and gentleman is the beginning of FLEET WEEK!! I just watched that episode of SITC and I excited to meet up with some sailors come Friday evening!

A gentleman on the 6 train this morning said something which I had to write down because even though I haven't directly asked for a sign in my direction of life lately, he gave it to me.
He said,
"what you do for a living has nothing to do with life".

No comments: