03 May 2008

better to have UTC than a UTI

My pink coat is over the laundry basket and my dress and bra are in a pile nearby. My new blue shoes are close to the bed and would indicate they were the last to be removed. At 1000, I woke up wondering were the hell I was and thinking I might still be drunk.

I had a choice last night: stay home watching a movie and order Thai or get out in the city and have a good time. The weariness of my day voted for the former but I pepped talked myself into the later. I got dolled up and headed to my watering hole for a couple starter drinks and to get some food in my tummy. I sat in my usual corner watching games and watching the crowd. A few guys named, John of course, came up to talk to me about sports their three homes in the Hampton’s, blah, blah. They wanted to invite me to a Club Med reunion and I just laughed at the thought and told them I was going to go out dancing. As in standard form, Larry tried to get me drunk with free drinks and I finally decided it was time to go because the Yankee game had ended an hour ago and I thought it would be a brilliant idea to go to their hangout and see if they were there. The Underbar was a little more packed than usual but my investigation showed no signs of my crush or any of his teammates. So off to the MPD I went. Feeling confident in my ability to get in anywhere, I went over to Buddakon and got right in. I spent the next hour or so talking to another John about art and museums. I stumbled over to Tenjune to finally make it to the dance floor. Side note: Nichole I didn’t wait in line at any of these places! Next thing I know I am hand in hand with some French guy and we are heading up to the bar where I had already switched to water and then I heard a song I loved and back out to the dance floor. I am not sure when I decided it would be best to go home or if the club closed or what. I do remember being in the cab with the French guy and I remember walking through my door with him on the other side holding my panties. I always get an attack of morality as given by the contents of my purse, it was everything I had taken with me, lip-gloss, wallet (a little lighter from the cocktails and cab rides), a pen, a comb, and of course of NYC condom. I did have an addition of some environmental sticker, good to know that I was being green even when I was drunk.

I finally rolled out of bed at 1500 to discover I had a UTC from work, which is odd because the phone never rang or showed missed calls. I had six voicemails from scheduling that came in all at once. It was very odd but I certainly didn’t feel like working so maybe it was a blessing in disguise. I headed out the door with a mission of KFC to find an envelope on the call box that said “FAO the flight attendant of Continental Airline”. I opened it to find a business card and a note from the French man.

No comments: