12 May 2008

dogs, dogs, and more dogs

Putting last week behind me in both my mind and thoughts. I started the week fresh in Oslo. I don't give a shit if my supervisor doesn't like me and wants this whole UTC business to drag out for another week. I decided to just do my job and remember that I work for holidays. I decided to embrace the week in which I could put flying aside and just focus on NYC. I am taking over the dog walking biz for the week and am excited about the exercise, the fresh air, and the feeling I get when I am with the dogs.

Pooches Day One
I woke up to the rain and wind. It is May for chrissakes and only 42 degrees outside and I have to walk the dogs. So I layered up and headed off to Starbucks for a kickstart to the long day ahead.
The puggles were first and those two....patience is a virtue...
Then my favorite, Sophie the yellow lab
Lulu the Benji look a like and while I was at the park with her, a woman approached me and asked me if I wanted to be a hair model. Mind you, the rain is still pouring down, I hadn't taken a shower, and was wearing a baseball cap. I asked her if she was sure she wanted me. So after I dropped off the mut, I headed to the saloon. An hour later, I was looking fabulous, well my hair was at least. A free haircut and style.
In that hour, the rain stopped and remained away for the rest of the day.
Zeus was next followed by the yorkies and conversation with Orlando my coworker.
Back to the puggles as we are attempting to potty train them.
A slice of pie in between.
And finally a new client, Chloie who is an absolute doll and somewhat of a celeb at the dog park.

Pad Thai, a little Sex in the City, and some George time. That's my evening.

No comments: