28 October 2006

take off

The up side to this job is that it is not that much work. The downside for someone who likes to be productive, is that there is not a lot of work. After having six days off from flying an assignment was dropped into my schedule. I had to refer to airportcode.com to find out where they were sending me. I memorized 180 city codes for training, these were not among them. I regonized as a charter flight, however and speculated that is was a college team going somewhere to play a game. I was correct. We headed up to Syracuse to pick up the football team and take then to CVG. I was able to sit up in the cockpit for take off and we wrapped around the Hudson in order to see the Statue of Liberty and the city line. These boys were very demanding and like children while I was offering candy. They were a lot of fun but had a hard time having shit flicked back at them. BTW, the head coaches wife is from Oregon...small world. There were onlly six people on the plane for the ride back and I took a nice nap in first class seats, after I had eaten candy, ice cream, cheese and crackers, and drank gatorade. I woke up just as we were beginning our decent and wandered up to the cockpit to watch the landing. Those boys work hard up there with all the calls, buttons, and aligning the plane in the clouds. It was so cool to watch!

Today they are sending me to CMH and then deadheading me home tomorrow. I have racked up 15 hours of deadheading this month and am two hours short of my guarantee to get paid for them. I only have the 30th to fly those two hours as I have Halloween off. Well, I best hop in the shower and look pretty for my second trip to Ohio.

No comments: