05 October 2006

chill

There is a chill in the air, you know the one which you feel when during a football game or the post season of baseball. It is the chill that has one reaching for a blanket as they read a book on a day off. My day off was wonderful, sleeping in till noon and just lying around the house. I had good intentions to get laundry done, go to the bank, and the market. None of those things seemed as important as my down time with my book. I am reading A Million Little Pieces, I realize that I am a year behind the craze but it is an excellent book. C and I just hung out on our matching chairs with George in between us and read. We finally got out of the house to get something to eat and pick up B from her turn. We also went and saw All the King's Men this evening (still without a shower), excellent movie. As we were driving to the nearby town for some civilization, I had this huge desire for Christmas and the warm feelings that once exsisted with the holiday. I remembered how it felt to look at lights on Christmas Eve after dinner out with the rents. It made me sad but at the same time hopeful, hopeful in building new holiday memories. I guess that this is my coming to terms with living here. I will be glad to get my car out here to have freedom and go explore some more of this state that I am trying to make my home. My car will give me the ability to find a much needed gym. I am not getting fat, I am losing my self esteem...something gain from going to the gym on a reguiar basis. Change is in the air and it is for the better.

Got a three day trip, no red eyes like the last one was chalked full of. This one takes me to YYZ, MIA, MDW, and ORD. I am just hoping to find a tv between trip to watch the Ducks continue their winning streak. p.s. flew with a Sooners fan (captian) and he wasn't to happy to have me and my Duck gear in his cock pit, excuse me, the new "p.c" word is flight deck.

No comments: