14 October 2006

home

I returned from SEA this morning to the freezing cold tempetures very willing to get off the plane. The passangers were strange complaining about the air saying it was making them sick. I had two pukes, one lady who wanted two seats and had to deal with the agents on whether or not she was going to stay on the plane. It was a very long trip. I felt bad calling B to give me a ride home at 0600 but the sweetheart she is, she came willing. I went and grabbed a bid packet and sat in the cold waiting for her arrival. I checked my messages and found out that a dear friend (my strength in coming to Portland) is having a baby and moving to Seattle. I also found out that my "big sis" got engaged. Both of these friends once dined with me once a month to catch up on life. I sat on my rollerboard and tears flowed freely. I can't believe how much I am missing at home. B joined me in tears on the ride home as we expressed our frustration with our situations here. I climbed in bed for much needed sleep and set my alarm for 1430 so I could get up and watch the Duck game. I called a bar with satelite and got my gear on. I was feeling better after some rest but after driving to six different bars, my heart was broken when Applebees found the game but didn't have the chanel ordered. I am now here watching up to the minute stats wishing I was home. Home at the game, home celebrating huge life things with the people I love, home with those I owe my time to, home with my friends, my family, home where I can have a beer while I watch the game, home where I can feel at home.

Before I left I expresed concern to Anne about when I came back everyone would have moved on with their lives. She gave me the perfect response of "that will happen whether you are there or not". I understand and it made me feel better until those message. I wish I could be there to celebrate the moving on.

No comments: