20 October 2006

mets

Just got back from my two day trip to have my heart broke by the Mets. It is not necessarily that I am a Met's fan, I just wanted the chance to watch a world series game. I doubt I will be sent to Detriot of St. Louis for a two day layover.

I got the call at 2230 telling me that I shouled probably go to bed. My check in wat 0445 or what I like to refer to as o'dark thirty. My sleep was only an hour and half long before my alarm went off at 0300. I was given a load pairing which means I go from plane to plane helping out crews. My first flight was to IAH, and because of the crew, I worked first class aisle. It was great because a. I enjoy first class, and b. the galley guy was the most laid back guy I have ever met, I had to explain to him what he needed to prepare. Any woo ended up chatting with him on the jumpseat and confirmed that he was straight...not by any actions, just conversation. So I gave him my number at the end of the flight while we was waiting for me at the end of the jetway. We'll see what happens. So I get to IAH and hold up in the Mariott for ten hours sleeping and subconsciencely listening to the thunder hit right outside my window. I went to catch my next flight to PHX which was two and half hours delayed which pushed my crew rest into illegial. What that means is that I didn't have to work a 15 hour day, I just had to work and eight hour day and got home in time to watch the fifth inning on.

Tommorow is airport alert, or what I call sleeping in the crew room.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Hey there! This is Robert, from Klamath Falls, who you just met tonight (Sunday, 22 October) at Jeff's Sunday dinner. He gave me your blog address, and I had to check it out. I like! VERY entertaining. Even though I'm a diehard coffee addict, had I the opportunity to choose, I think between coffee, tea or you, the choice would be a no-brainer.

I'm wondering if you've had military experience, or if your "o dark thirty" reference is borrowed from the pilots...just a random observation.

GREAT to meet you, and I definitely hope our paths cross again, either by fate or by design. Take care in yon Friendly Skies.

--Robert