13 October 2006

"blooood"

It went like this. B and I decided to go to Hoboken for the day to check it out. We asked the sub guy for directions and we were on our way. The turnpikes, parkways, and routes of the NE make absolutely no sense. They fade into other ones with no warning and on top of the confusion, have the audacity to charge tolls. I would say we left the house around 1330 for our adventure which took us past Giants stadium three separate times. We had to stop at Starbucks for a little refueling up north even though we needed to be heading east. Around 1630 we arrived at the small town which reminds me of the Pearl only with a view of the Manhattan skyline. We stopped by our classmates adorable apartment and hung out watching MTV. We ended up going out to Mexican and since I had to work the next day I only had two drinks. At 2100 I called C to have her look up my trip the next day. I had a 1430 check in, with that information I informed her we would probably not make it home that night and I prompty ordered another beer. We moved our party to a great bar, Maddisons, and I drank and danced with the girls even though there was no dance floor. Some of the girls faded away but B and I held strong. Next thing I know, a glass breaks and my foot is bleeding everywhere. I am not as phased as I should have been but I do remember standing on one leg, saying "blooood" over and over again. Men came to my rescue with towels while my friend who caused my bleeding went off to get herself, not me another drink. The gentlemen asked me if I wanted to go to the ER and I said no, I wanted to dance so let's just wrap it up and how about another drink. Twelve hours later, I sit on a plane working until 0200 wishing I had not drank so much. My stomach is grugerling, my head hurts, and I am unable to do my PA's intelligently. And my damn foot is still bleeding.

My trip following my hang over has been a tough one because of all the ups and downs, weather, turbulence, and flights getting in late. My schedule was as follows home-DFW-IAH-SAT-layover-IAH-SAT-IAH-SEA-layover at the Red Lion (currently here)-home on the red eye.

Still not back to my normal, if I even know what that is, self.

No comments: