06 June 2011

here i sit

So after my weekend in the city, the celebration of my friend's birthday followed by sleeping for 12 hours, I am at the airport and ready to go.
The instructions were to wait until Monday, ring in to the person who dropped the ball on my badge in the first place and then make my way in. I arrived at the airport at noon. I wanted that badge in my hand before I called scheduling and told them I was a go. By the time I sat down, new badge in hand, I had a trip. When we were guessing where I would be send, everyone had their thoughts, some I didn't like, others I loved. I had a grimacing thought that I would bookend my leave of absence with the same trip. This gut, it serves me well...off to Manchester I go.
Since I was so paranoid about my badge, I am now here six hours early. It is freezing and I attempted to take a small nap as body doesn't have a clue what is going on and I am sure will wonder what the hell it is doing tonight. I cherish the 20 minutes I did get as this is not the most quiet place in the world. I woke up to some asshole making the grossest noise with his snot. I packed up and moved immediately.
I am working the front galley, a position that I love! The memory is slowly coming back to me about which things go in which ovens and I plan to be on that plane as soon as they let me to get it set up.
I will say this, I am happy to be going to a familiar destination as I can sleep in and wander about. If it was a new place and I had to be a self guided tourist, I am not sure I could muster up the energy.
So with my blonde badge in hand accompaning my old brunette badge, this new brunette sets back into the friendly skies.

No comments: