16 June 2011

brotherly love

On my return to NYC, I told myself that I needed to do those things I wanted to do but never got around to either due to laziness or complaincy. The idea that I have three roommates is forcing me out of the house more. I was dinking around on the internet and was thrilled to learn that I could journey to Philly for $11 each way on this wonderful new discovery, the Bolt Bus. This blog is coming from here currently as I make my way back to the big apple.

I was up with the nine to fiver's this morning as I made my way down to Penn Station. Post and ice coffee in hand I boarded the bus and in two hours I had passed through three states and was dropped off in downtown Philadelphia. I had been here once for a layover and drug the crew out for a cheesesteak at 11pm because we were in the ghetto and I didn't want to go alone. Sidenote: best damn cheesesteak I have ever had.

I have this goal of seeing all the baseball stadiums in America and have been in the rut of my beloved Yankees. This was my opportunity to see another so I quickly mastered the subway and made my way out to the ball park. I was lucky enough to snag a cheap ticket and made my way in. Much to my surprise Cliff Lee was pitching. I grabbed a philly cheessesteak and made it to my seat. Perfect day for a game. After three seat changes because I was on the wrong tier and then the wrong section, I settled in and watched this team play. They are a hell of a good team but man, they are just pricks and their fans are even worse. Whatever, I was there for the love of baseball and no, I didn't dare don my Yankees cap.

After the game I made my way back to the city for some exploring. First independence hall followed by the old liberty bell. I chatted up the guard so he could take my photo. The great thing about doing that? He made people move so he could do it!

A walk back through the ick side of the city, a place I would equate to the shady area I lived in Brooklyn. I found the Hard Rock for Minda's shot glass and then made my way to marvel at City Hall. The architecture was amazing. Next I made my way to the LOVE statue and took photos. I must admit that I was silly to think that this only existed in NYC on 6th avenue. I was happy to be proven incorrect.

The next thing on my list was the Rocky stairs, also known as the Museum. I walked down Ben Franklin Parkway doing mental check marks of the flags of my visits. I walked and walked....finally I got to the damn place. I jogged up the stairs and turned to admire the view. While watching people using the venue for vagarious workouts, I remembered that I bought a cupcake earlier and enjoyed it.

found the Rocky statue and then made my way back to 30th Street Station for potty and a magnet. I was going to catch an earlier bus back to the city. And what do you know? There was one about to leave who welcomed me on! Love when timing works out! Karma for the times that I just miss things.

This girl is brotherly loved out and awaiting a nice sleep as well as a" where in the world" assignment tomorrow.

Perfect day trip!

No comments: