22 August 2009

why it's important to be a new yorker

I finished what will most likely be my last shift at the old restaurant and in an effort to safe money and myself a headache in the morning I went home following my shift. It was a gorgeous evening so I opted to walk the 45 blocks home. I made my way through my favorite streets jamming to my ipod and taking in the night life and people that surrounded me. I was almost home and noticed a van coming out of Minetta Lane. It is a gorgeous tiny street and it it unusual to see cars on it. When I passed in front of it the man asked me if I knew where Christoper Street was. I explained to him the best way I knew how to get there only because I only walk around the area, my directions were a bit strange. He explained to me that he was just looking for a good bar. I told him to turn back around and go to Bleeker Street in the village. And then he asked me if I was going to a bar and I said, no that I was returning home from work at a bar. He asked me again about Christopher Street and I was giving him a size up to let him know it was the gay district and I looked down for the spilt second it took to see his penis. Staring right at me in some form fitting beer coosie like thing.
"All right, that's enough! I said with shock and disbelief about what I just saw and what I can't erase from my mind as we speak 20 minutes later. No more Oregon nice girl for the remainder of the time here it has to be the fuck-you New Yorker as I am not in the mood to see any more penis.

No comments: