18 August 2009

2?

So my well planned out month of working hit the brakes in a usual (for this year) fashion. After purposely picking up a trip to ensure I was good for another three day trip to come my way. Well, I spent all day yesterday with both phones in my audrey hepburn bag walking around in the incrediable heat of the city. I picked up things for my upcoming party and ended the day perfectly with dinner and drinks with my friend Carrie.
I had a feeling I would get airport alert today, and wall-la here, I am. I am sitting domestic airport alert and am currently not phased as I brought my computer occupying myself with design work. I have 45 minutes left and hope to just sit here with no destination so I can take off for the beach tomorrow.
I am always amazed to sit here and watch flight attendants during airport alert. Most likely there is crap tv on in the background and many of them are glued to it. Some nap when the mecca of chairs, one of the seven lazy boys, is obtained. Most watch things on their computers or talk loudly on their phones. And depending on the hour of the day, most sit around and talk gossip about the company and complain about anything and everything.
People of every age, race and religion gather here in the basement waiting for the bat phone to ring to send them away or that fantastic place called home.

No comments: