17 August 2009

lhr....3 to go

Much to my dismay I hadn't changed my availability choice to request to fly so I was forced into picking up a trip to ensure I flew instead of waiting around for scheduling. There were only two destinations in open time and I opted to pick up a position I liked instead of destination; the lesser of two evils I suppose. My least favorite trip is London, we all know that and now we stay out by the airport so you can't even walk around, there is nothing I was informed so I prepared for a day of rest and boredom.
Quick synapse of the flight. I adore the purser, we have flown trips together and he worked pretty much with me. The other aisle girls...I called them the dumb one and the smart one. It took me a couple hours to snap at the dumb one for all of her questions and lack of knowledge of first class service. The mid galley person who has the easiest job on the plane is supposed to assist us in the end with the extra carts. Well we up front, smoked them and ended up giving them our carts. I wasn't planning on this so I was not too happy to be doing her job as well.
Funny thing: during deplaning a lady asked me about her violin and where it was. I looked in the closet and didn't see anything and then asked her who she gave it to. "A girl with dark hair"...we all have dark hair. "well I didn't receive a claim ticket or anything" ma'am, this isn't a coat check.
We got to have some fun while waiting for the bus to pick us up from the plane by taking pictures in the 777 engine. The penance was paid by me because then the sleaze bag captain found it necessary to talk to me and tell my inappropriate stories for the 40 minute bus ride. Same captain that hooked up with some chick on the layover and then paraded her around when the crew met in the morning. I am sorry, this is not the 60's you are in your 60's for chrissakes!
The flight went by pretty fast on the way home because I was work, work, working in the galley. Glad to be doing so as London is upgrade/miles central and the passengers are usually....domestic like.


so the next two trips are out of my hands...two more to go, is kind of sad and then i have a trip where security takes my things to freshen up with during the flight with snotty attitudes and all I can think is...it's almost over.

No comments: