09 April 2009

should i stay or should i go now?

The question is this: Stay or go?
The winter has been very long, the grey skies and unknowingness of today or tomorrow made the decision to return to Oregon an easy one. But now spring is around the corner, flights are back, serving shifts and dog walking have all resumed to normal. I walk around the park or the city daily, the pounds are coming off, and well, there is a sense of renewel. I was walking through Central Park today taking photographs and thinking. Do I want to throw in the towel? How can I make this work while living in Portland? Should I stay because I am fortunate to have three jobs while I hear about other being laid off right and left. The questions always boil down to money, why does it control our life so? I am looking for signs to what I should do. I keep seeing dogs everywhere. The big thing that I don't want to happen is to leave and regret "giving up". But at the end of the day, I sit here alone even though I have NYC right here, outside the door, I sit here.
I know I am going to be ok when I move home. Friends are the key and to have a home, an organized home is what my heart and mind need. I know what I need to do, I know where my heart lies. Just need to end this affair with New York soon and return.

No comments: