11 April 2009

that's my day...

Friday night knowing I had to work a serving shift the next day entailed me taking it easy at home. I hate working when I am tired or hungover. I was in my room hanging out when I had to go to the bathroom. I crossed paths with my roommate who asked what I was doing that evening. I made something up quickly as I glanced and saw a large piece of meat on the stove. He proceeded to tell me about this girl who was coming over. I told him I would be more than happy to get out of his way for a bit. So I got dressed and headed to my old watering hole, now a subway, cross town bus, and 14 blocks away, for a cold one.
I came home around 0100 to find a girl on the couch. She introduced herself as Jenny and told me that Jase had gone to pick up her friend from the corner. I wanted no part of any of this and I washed my face and went to bed. I awoke an hour later to voices outside my bedroom door and then again at 0600 to another conversation. I heard a girl leave and fell back to sleep until 1000. When I left the house at 1100, there was still a girls purse there. How is he having three-somes when I can't even get a date?

My day at work started with a bum harassing me to the point of yelling at him on the A then waiting on the 58th street platform for the D and then walking through Bryant Park for the 7 and then walking 11 blocks in the rain. All while feeling like I was going to toss my cookies. I arrive at work and it was dead. Then I got an 11 top with a bitch of all bitch demanding things before I could even start them. Then other cool table that stayed forever. The guy asked me out and it was kind of creepy because when I told him I was seeing someone, he asked if I was sure. Sure about what? When I went to pick up the check after they left, I found they had left me the wrong credit card copy and I was out a tip. A three top was next and they were super nice. Then came the table from hell. It just won't stop and the kids meals were comped, this was wrong, that was wrong, we want this, what about this, yadda, yadda. I added gratuity because I knew they would chip me otherwise and after running up and down the stair five hundred times, having my manager fix the check for fuck-ups and "I didn't like this". I was left with a $16 tip which I added on. To side note this whole debacle, this old lady and her dog were a part of the group. Picture the old warped lady from Something About Mary. This loony bin was feeding her dog, the one who looked like a yarned rug with two eyes, bits of something and then some ice cream. Table from hell!!!!! The next two tables were awesome and the fact that one found a piece of plastic in his rib was not my fault. The last table had 2 ice creams and a cake for a birthday and on my way to serve then, some bitch bumped me and broke the plate and spilled the ice cream everywhere. I would walk up to the managers and they would start laughing. Now what?

Really? Did all of this really happen to one person in one day?

No comments: