03 April 2009

one of those...

...days.
My Friday isn't complicated, it only holds the obligation of three dog walks. The rest is stuff I would like to get done.
I was awoken around 0145 by my roommate yelling at the dogs and then singning to them. I think (hope) he was drunk by who knows. I got up to go the bathroom and gave him the evil eye. Luckily I was able to go back to sleep and I set the alarm for 1100 just in case. Turns out I needed it. I woke up and had to pee like a mother and he was in the bathroom. Damn it!
A quick shower and some cleaning of the room preceded my jont to the post office. I looked outside at the drizzle and thought I could brave it. The post office was the usually joke so I cut my losses and drug the package and some chips downtown. Well the rain started dumping at this point. I sat with my wet everything on the subway for the 30 minute journey and then walked the half mile to meet Beth and get the keys. I purchased an umbrella at the Gap, which took forever, to help shield me from the monsoon.
The first dog was easy but just wanted to stay on one block so we walked up and down. I headed to the next post office and with more time on my hands actually enjoyed the amusement that was idiots sending packages. The puggs were next and someone was at the house which always throws me off. I took dwidle dee and dwidle dumb out to the park.
I stopped to grab some water and an apple and found that I only had $3 dollars which doesn't buy both her in NYC so I got flustered and only bought the apple. Then I went into DR and bought water on my debit card. It wasn't until I was a block away I figured out I didn't have my umbrella. I went back to both places and of course, it wasn't there.
Now I have an hour to kill until my next walk and I have a dime to my name and came down to print out my taxes. All I want to do is go home and curl up in bed.
And now I just got invited to the Yankees season opener and can I make it? Don't think so because I have this dog to walk, I look like hell, and oh yeah I live a billion blocks away from here and from Yankee stadium.
WTH?




note from writer: got someone to cover the last pooch.....made it to the game right in time for the SPB and first pitch!

No comments: