09 April 2009

hkg trip 2

The flakiness of crews just kills me. I was excited to hang out with someone this time in Hong Kong not only because I would have someone obligated to take my photo but it's also nice to pal around with people. I had many misconnections and only ended up going to breakfast and dinner with the speakers.
I didn't leave the Kowloon side this time and just wandered around on the metro. I went up to a temple and walked around prior to having my palm read. The ancient Chinese lady told me in her best English the following:
I am a very strong lady
I am very lucky
My luck will run out when I am 38
I will bring my future husband very good luck
I need to stop giving 110% to my career and save 40% for love
I need to let love into my life
Stop worrying about what people say about me ("sweet talk" she called it)
Over and over again she told me I was very strong lady, I felt like I was in therapy
It always amazes me the consistancy in getting my palm read or my future told because they always seem to nail it on the head.
There was a time in Paris (my first trip) where Turiya and I had gone into an Aussie pub after a day of shopping. There was a guy a couple of bar stools away who was messign with a deck of cards. They appeared to be tarrot cards after closer inspection. The barternder finally went up to the man and asked what was up. He proceeded to read her future and she ran off all freaked out. I told him I would bite.
He asked me if I was right or left handed and then he asked me what my question was. I asked him if my life would continue to be good.
After many cards turned over he told me these things:
I would buy a house
Co-workers would turn against me
And that I have a good heart and it will be challanged
After the reading, I thanked him and walked back to my beer. He touched my hand and told me to ask the question I really wanted answered. I was shocked but I asked him, will I find love soon. The answer was no.
All of these things happened in the following year and it wasn't until I was reflecting that I thought about him and his words in the middle of Paris.

No comments: