02 April 2008

travel guides

I have been mighty homesick lately, I am not sure if it comes from the sudden quiet that is around me or just that I haven’t been home in a while. There is usually only one day a week that I feel ache of Oregon but this week I have felt it many more times. It took me forever to get home from my last trip and when I did, I collapsed on my bed after my shower to wake up fourteen hours later. The rain dripped on my windows as I checked my schedule to find I had airport alert for the evening. I had anticipated working because of a gut feeling and on the way to the airport; I got a call for LGW. I will admit that I have become a bit spoiled lately with really great trips and need to keep in mind that I have to pay my dues every once and a while. I was glad to have my favorite position but traded a girl who didn’t want to be the purser.
So here I am in the oh-so-familiar hotel room at the airport. I am grateful that I brought with me, my favorite birthday gift…Rosetta Stone Italiano! I have been practicing a way. And even recited “la donna magino” as I ate my soup for dinner and lei beve as I sipped my latte.
The only thing that has relieved my homesickness on this trip was looking at travel guides at the bookstore. The places which still await me keep me going strong.

No comments: