19 April 2008

pope walk

I am heading home on this glorious spring day, airtrain to train, train to the E, the E to the 6, and then walk home. This is my routine which usually takes an hour and half. Well, the damn E train is held for some damn reason so after sitting there for 10 minutes, I connected to the B one stop and then swapped to the F. I ended up on 63rd and Lex, which for some reason I thought my run into the train I needed but no. Up three flights of stairs to street level, I decided to embrace the day and just huff it home. Along the way there were tons of NYPD and road closures. It was while I was on 66th, I realized the Pope was hanging out in the neighborhood. I ended up getting the low down from the officer who stopped me to take a pic of my "Oregon Girls Rock" t-shirt or maybe just my boobs, and he told me the main man of the Catholic world was finishing up at the UN and then headed this way. I decided to make my way home instead of standing around waiting to get run over by the Pope-mobile.

No comments: