04 April 2008

it just gets better and better

So here I am in BRS, hoping to visit the city of Bath as found in my 501 must visit locations book, yet I sit here in my room. I got over the fact that my day off had been taken away and that I had to not only dog walk but work a flight. I missed the initial call from scheduling at 0830 even though the phone was right near my head. I got up at 0930 and began my day. On my way to walking the pooches, I found the highlight of the last 48 hours, a place that only serves Mac and Cheese. Yes, I sat down and carb'd up to walk them dogs and climb the two five story and one three story walk ups. Beth called my day, the buns of steel day.
I made it to the airport with the practice of yoga breathing through rush hour and people shoving and hitting my roller board. I boarded the plane an began to work, luckily I am first class galley so I was very happy in my position and my aisle gal is great as well. Fast forward six hours and we are beginning our descent. But oh, no what's that...we are being diverted to BHX because of fog. I won't drag you through the four hours we sat on the ground not knowing anything with a plane full of people we couldn't let off. The weariness of being up for 24 hours was too much for me so I yelled at each crew member and told them I wasn't doing a damn thing. Finally we took off and unfortunately our jump seats were facing the customers so for an hour, it was everything I had in my to keep my eyes open. Six hours past the time we were supposed to be at the hotel, we arrived and I have been in bed ever since.

No comments: