19 April 2008

practice italian under the buddha

I somehow managed to have a whole day to myself, no visitors, no flying, and no dog walking. I didn't know even what the hell I should do with myself until I remembered I needed to finish my envelope day of me. It was a gift from my mom for my birthday with little journeys such as getting coffee, flowers. mani/pedi, etc. So I set off to pamper myself. The phone of course rang while I was getting a manicure for a couple emergency walks so I hopped down south and took care of them then returned to my me day. I came home, got dolled up, and headed to the Hudson Hotel for a cocktail. Two champanges and people watching later, I headed to Tao` for some sushi. I ordered at the bar as it is impossible to get a table without a week's reservation, and the guy next to me started chit-chatting away. The next thing I knew, I was at there table under the Buddha have cocktails with a bunch of watch manufactures or something. I didn't really get what was going on but the rest of my dinner and dessert was free and I got to practice some Italian because my would-be suitor was from Florence!!
p.s. not hot and nothing came of the evening except a story

No comments: