01 September 2008

this crew

I off to work yet again after taking almost a week off flying I am out the routine. Today I lack the excitement to be back in the air to deal with people and to go off once more to Manchester. I made to work and checked in then headed off for a salad. While waiting for the plane, we did the usual meet and greet of the crew. I had actually flown with most of them prior.
The captain with his 10 minute brief.
One of our oldest flight attendants at 70 with strangely a lot hair and who feels it's okay to keep hitting on me. He told me he just finished filming a Ballywood movie and I look exactly Denise Richards. So he continued to call me Denise the whole flight.
The ISM is a cool guy I had gone somewhere with before, cool dude. He did find it necessary to give me a play by play on his love life while we were taxing.
The back galley gal is one of the headaches from the last time I signed up to babysit (play ISM). Nice but that whole trip sat uneasy with me so I just avoided her.
The FO is new to me but totally cool.
The first class galley girl, the one whom I am to work with....She is a Chinese speaker and it totally new to international period. She asked me if I would teach her how to do the galley. Sidenote: If you know me, you know that I have little tolerance for stupid questions. I offered to just take the postion from her since we didn't have all night to get things done and I was already in a bad mood. I got to the ISM first and briefed him on her proximity to pushing me over the edge. I became "cook" as she called it. And then the questions: how long you cook? how you work? how many flights you learn? how spell mimosia? (why are you asking me that?) how long you cook fish? I will say that she if very sweet and has really nice intentions but man o'live! She was constantly up in my space and trying to help me instead of doing her job. I ended up doing a third of hers as well as my "cooking" job. All I can do is laugh now...that is until we are on the plane for an hour longer tomorrow.

No comments: