23 September 2008

field trip

So I have the whole day off, I have tried in vain to work but no one needs me. So I decided to go into the city and see what I had been missing out on. With a to-do list in hand and my ipod in, I set out across the East river. I went to visit my old super and stopped in to my old dry cleaners and starbucks to say hi. (Mind you these were some of the kindest people to me). I then took a bus cross town to see if I could pick up some shifts and to get some paychecks. I then walked around the UWS and checked out the neighborhood. I ran into a card shop and then printed out my taxes and then hopped on another bus and walked across Park Avenue and got on the subway down to Murray Hill to try and pick up some work. I then walked down to Union Square through Gramercy Park and decided I would like to live on Irving St. Went DSW and bought some work shoes, Virgin Megastore to pick up the fourth season of Greys, and then over to Trader Joes to find a line of twenty people just to get into the store...humm NO! I then went to dinner at Japonis where a table of gentleman badgered me until I joined them. They were very pleasant and it was nice to have some one to talk to you as I ate sushi and drank cucumber martinis. Having a taste for dessert i ended up walking through the Village and over to the restaurant in Washington Square of that guy who had the Ben Harper tickets last year. Man alive! Fantastic dessert, hit the spot. Then I walked down to Houston and through SoHo a bit before I decided to call it a day and hop in a cab across the bridge.

No comments: