17 September 2008

what next?

I am among the “they-s” who say all things happen for a reason. Hearts are let down, expectations fail at the time of want; things don’t go according to plan. But those lessons, which are often learned the hard way, are still lessons non-the least and that is what we call growing up. That doesn’t come with age per say as some people think. Some think they need to be married by a certain age and let society dictate what step should be next as the calendar progresses. I am clearly not one of those people.
I don’t believe I am grown up for my age and that may come from the lack of a real career and my filler jobs which surround me with girls in their twenties. I believe I have made this reference prior to feeling like I am away at college. Now I have my two roommates and being a flight attendant feels like school. London is my hated calculus class that I just fail to understand no matter how many times I attend. Paris is that early morning chemistry class which is a bitch to get to but so enjoyable once you make it. Rome is that cakewalk class that you only get to take once maybe twice in your academia. Manchester is like the psychology class I was dying to take but once involved it was interesting but I failed to see the relevance. Narita and Hong Kong constitute the senior project that seems so far away but the golden ring as long as I don’t suffer too hard from senioritis.
The point is I never intended to make this job my career. Maybe I will endure long enough to get a degree or two but I don’t see myself as a full time student. One must grab onto something at some point and decide this is going to be it, this is where I plan to end up and what usually goes along with that is who you end up with. Well at the stage of lacking the later once more, I am free to think again about my future solely.
I was in the crew room here in my chemistry class, much like my favorite class in college with the professor who wore the yellow, faded tee with the periodic table, and a girl from the crew came up and started talking to me. For some reason I thought it acceptable to talk about every job under the sun I have had and my loss for knowing what I should do next. Well she explained to me how she has lived in five countries while teaching English in each. I replied that sounds like a really cool thing to me and within a minutes’ time she had a website pulled up with pages of opportunities. They range from three months to two years depending on the country. It is defiantly something to think about.

No comments: