04 November 2007

one bar marathon

Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. I am sure my need to dress up each year steams from the lack of dressing up as a child. I planned the whole month around having the day off and much of it was needed to prepare for our entry into the city. Seeing how we live in nanny, rich, old neighborhood our mid-driffs and long legs were met with some looks from the ladies and head turns from the gentlemen. As we road the subway more and more costumes came on until we exited at Union Square. I swear we posed for fifty pictures as we tried to make our way to the parade. Not sure of a true schedule and letting the night take us were it may, we grabbed a drink at Republic and then decided to stop in and see John (read: get free drinks and let him see me in my hot outfit). We had invitations to Plumm and to the playboy party at the Empire State Building. Our one drink turned into God knows how many while we hung in the corner with the firemen. They were eating wings and thought is was funny to put them in my basket with my dog. I don't remember much after that besides sitting on the sidewalk puking and Christina dragging me out of the cab on the way to our door. We awoke the next morning her sox on my pillow, my clothes everywhere, her shoe on my rollerboard, my basket in the hallway with chicken bones on the floor.

No comments: