08 November 2007

wandering the city

The beginning of November is a wonderful time to be in NYC. The leaves are changing, there is a chill in the air that calls for a jacket, beautiful new boots make their debut, and the tourist sector dies a bit. I have been up early this week and enjoying the fall by taking a long walk with my coffee either to the park, in my neighborhood, or adventuring to another. I am working on a Christmas present for John of photos of things he loves in New York. This journey took me down to Union Square and over to the Village. From there I wandered around and found a delightful place to have lunch on Bleeker and then proceeded to walk uptown with point of winding up at Tiffany. So I walked, and walked up 60 blocks while people watching and popping into a store here and there. I made my purchase and a guy came up to me asking me if I was buying something for myself. I replied it was a gift and we started chatting. He told me to meet him for drinks and I agreed. I walked the rest of the way home and changed. We met at Scalinatella for dinner. He was very nice and I think I accepted the date as thankfulness that someone was aggressively interested in me. Christina rang up and wanted to know if I wanted to join her in the quest to get into the infamous Rose Bar. My date and I met her there after getting into four wrong cars. A few drinks there and my date had to go, so off he went and on our night continued. We went to Tao’ where the Knicks were having dinner and chatted with a few gentlemen before we headed off to Bruno’s. We arrived without a member and they let us right in. It was there fifth anniversary and I think they needed ladies to balance out the crowd. We danced and hung out with filthy rich men until it was time to throw in the towel for the evening and make it home. A nice guy walked me home and with one stop at a dive bar, I was headed to bed around 0500.

Today, still not working, I met a friend from the Late Show for lunch and then walked all over SoHo and Little Italy. I am all about checking out my beautiful city, but this girl is ready to work and check out the other fab cities of the world!

No comments: