27 November 2007

ice cream is less asinine at 0300

If you were on the receiving end of one of my drunk dials last evening, my formal apologies. I had planned to go and drop off the perfect travel gift to John as he is now managing my bar and then head to the movies, in and out, no drama. Even for a brief appearance with the person you are madly in love with, the proper outfit, make-up, and hair need to be taken into consideration. Luckily I got my hair cut yesterday and the outfit looked as cute on as it did in my head, I felt fantastic. So off I went in the rain, under my Chanel umbrella towards my bar. I said hello to my favorite bartender, Heather and asked for John, he wasn’t working. Damn it! I choose Starbucks next and then went to see Before the Devil Knows Your Dead at the local, independent theatre. The movie was fantastic and let out around 2130. The rain had stopped and been replaced by a warm fog so I set off towards home with ice cream in mind. I got to the door of Baskin and Robins (which does not have 31 flavors out here- rip off) and decided that a glass of wine had fewer calories and my cuteness needed to be appreciated by more than the ice cream guy. I headed off to this place recommended by Lynne. As I walked in, I felt like I was transformed back in time to an old movie. The guy was in the corner playing the piano, Christmas decorations were lit up, the bartender was an older gentleman in a bow tie, and the crowd was very “Rat Pack” era. I ordered a glass of Chianti and sat alone with my thoughts feeling very rejected. I wasn’t there to make friends as I normally do; I just wanted to wallow in my loneliness. As my glass was being emptied, Eddie told the bartender to fill it up and began chatting with me. It must have been the loneliness because I engaged him in conversation and even agreed to grab a bite to eat with him. He took me to this place he claimed famous people go and ironically when we got in the car, the dj was also talking about this place. We walked into another nostalgic bar and had a glass of wine and then he decided he wanted to smoke a cigar so off to another club we went. Another glass of wine and apps and then we headed to the oh so -dead MPD where they were filming a movie at Buddhakon so we went to Buddha Bar. I convinced him to take me to Cafeteria for a real meal and then home. Around three am the loneliness came back and I cried myself to sleep. Should have had the ice cream.

No comments: