04 November 2007

turtles

“Slow and steady wins the race.” This is what was spoken to me yesterday while on the topic of a relationship with my guy. It seems appropriate considering the NYC marathon is happening right outside my window.
My weekend has been outstanding and I am hoping to keep under the radar for the rest of the day work wise and finish it out. Friday was spent alone in my apartment catching up on Grey’s and me time since my hangover finally wore off from Halloween. Saturday was spent cleaning the house, laundry, and preparing for Ducks football. I got a text from John that he was in my shirt and off the wagon and to meet him. I text him that I couldn’t drink because I was on call and where should I meet him. I figured out that he was at a bar called Off the Wagon and when I walked he was proudly wearing the Oregon football I gave him. A few pictures of beer while the Notre Dame game was on and conversation about us and everything else lead us to another bar to watch the Oregon game. Today I ate breakfast with my boy and then got bundled up to watch the marathon. It was such a powerful thing to walk next to and to see the thousands of people who worked so hard for this day was a bit ah inspiring. I have a friend that was running and I was actually able to see him. Now I am relaxing at home on Sunday afternoon the crisp breeze is coming through the window. The cheers are still present as people make there way to the finish line.

No comments: